Microsoft Launcher Rolled out updates for Beta users includes new features, bug fixes
Customization that made android popular than other OS available in the market. Launchers are a great way to customize one's user experience. Play store has hundreds of apps to do so. Google's own Pixel launcher or third party Nova launcher is on the top of the list but Microsoft is not falling behind. In recent months, Microsoft's Arrow launcher gaining lots of attractions. And now, Microsoft has rolled another set of features to the Microsoft Launcher.
Among the new features, Cortana assistant and Family control features are quite innovative. In this update now parents can choose which kids to show or hide on the family card. This also helps parents to keep eye on the kid's activity on Android phones using Microsoft launcher. This feature is also available for Windows PCs and Xbox Consoles.
Other improvements include reading mode in Microsoft Edge, support for multi-turn SMS and calling with Cortana, along with newly supported languages and more. That update is also now available to the public as version 4.8. Removing screens in overview mode via drag & drop gesture.
Here’s a full changelog of what’s new in this Update:
- Family: parents can show/hide kids in the Family card;
- Edge: Improvements to reading news articles with Microsoft Edge browser;
- Pages: Toggle to hide page indicator on the home screen;
- Cortana: support multi-turn SMS + calling, support navigation query;
- UI improvements: the welcome page, settings page, widgets & context menu;
- Support for removing screens in overview mode via drag & drop
- Support app sorting for Korean/Japanese/Russian languages in app drawer ;
- New first time experience for mobile connected users from Windows setting;
- Bug fixing, code clean up, crash fix and performance tuning
If you're enrolled as a beta tester, you can grab Microsoft Launcher version 4.9 now via Google Play. Otherwise, you can sign up to become a beta tester or just wait for the new features and fixes to make their way to the release version.